ACTIONS – Syllabus of Essential Objectives we need to cover in this course
Apply file management principles on local or remote networks
Create an effective presentation to demonstrate proficiency in using…
- organization charts
- drawing tools
- (Instructor added: Demonstrate your skills in presenting your presentation to your classmates.)
Demonstrate an understanding of the need for safe computing practices and current methods of file backup procedures.
Demonstrate ability of online learning environment
Describe the hardware components of a computer system and Explain how they work together
Describe the general functions of the operating system and its interaction with computer hardware and applications software.
Describe the significance and threat of computer malware
Discuss importance of file management
Discuss legal and ethical issues – include copyright infringement and plagiarism
Explain the function and primary features of a word processing program
- Creating letters
- Creating resumes
- Creating research papers
- Creating newsletters
- Mail merge
- Desktop publishing
- Sharing images across applications
Explain function and primary features of spreadsheet program
- Differentiate between absolute and relative references
- Modify a spreadsheet
- Use various copying and formatting options
- Build and print graph/chart
- Use spreadsheet software to
- design and build a spreadsheet using labels, values, formulas, and functions
- present and analyze quantitative information
- draw conclusions from information
- evaluate the reliability of those conclusions
Identify and understand Internet resources and search engines for effective research and retrieval of information on a specific topic.
Identify and understand appropriate uses of these software applications in the work environment
The syllabus page shows a table-oriented view of the course schedule, and the basics of course grading. You can add any other comments, notes, or thoughts you have about the course structure, course policies or anything else.
To add some comments, click the "Edit" link at the top.